Create Your Debut Picture Book Cover

Create Your Debut Picture Book Cover

I saw, via Tanita S. Davis's blog, that 100 Scope Notes are repeating the fun they had with their Create Your Debut YA Cover concept. Normally I'm not a fan of memes but I love designing book covers and couldn't resist jumping into the fray with my YA own offering. This time I'm diving in to create a debut picture book cover by following the bellow instructions from 100 Scope Notes: 

* 1. Go to “The Name Generator” or click http://www.thenamegenerator.com/

Click GENERATE NEW NAME. The name that appears is your author name.

* 2. Go to “Picture Book Title Generator” or click

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=243

Click CREATE TITLE! This is the title of your picture book.

* 3. Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php

Type the last word from your title into the search box followed by the word “drawing”.

Click FIND. The first suitable image is your cover.

* 4. Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Gettin’ creative is encouraged. {You can see a thumbnail of the original picture I had to work with on the right.}

* 5. Post it to your site along with this text and then let 100 Scope Notes know if you want your design up in their coming reader gallery.

Robert, The Blue Car by Thomas Coile

I'm not much of a car person (unless we're talking Mini Coopers) but I guess I'd give Robert a chance. Looks like a pretty snazzy book!

Before I go I want to send my congrats out to Courtney Summers for scoring a bright shiny star from Kirkus for her upcoming book Some Girls Are! Also, I'm not sure if there's still a chance to enter Susan Beth Pfeffer's ARC contest for This World We Live In but it doesn't hurt to try...although if you try it might hurt my chances so maybe I should just shut up about it.

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home